Welcome to the Quiz – here’s a reminder of the questions and answers from our most recent episode (available at your preferred podcast provider, or listen directly at http://podcast.bgtfshow.co.uk)
Instructions for getting your answers to us are at the bottom of the page!
Q1) Who is the most successful driver in British GT history?
- Jonny Adam
- Phil Keen
- Rob Bell
Q2) Who is the most successful driver overall, to have driven in British GT during 2020? (Including wins in other series)
- Phil Keen
- Jonny Adam
- Jenson Button
Q3) 2020 is the first year since 2008 the British GT Championship hasn’t gone to Europe for it’s summer holiday. Can you select all the foreign racetracks the championship has visited in the intervening years?
- Magny Cours
- Nurburgring GP Strecke
- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
- Hockenheimring Baden-Wurtenburg
- Circuit de Algarve Portimao
Q4) Metal and Carbon Fibre are the main chassis materials used in GT3 and GT4 cars. What was the last car raced in the British GT Championship with a chassis made of wood?
- Morgan Aero 8GT
- Marcos Mantis GTO
- Caterham 7
Q5) Familial racers are more common in British GT than in almost any other championship. This year we had father and son sharing a car for Team ABBA Racing, while father and son Collards and Proctors raced in GT3 and GT4 at the same time. What was the last family to share a British GT racetrack with either parent and child, or siblings?
- Jade and Chloe Edwards
- Jamie and Ollie Chadwick
- Alexander and Ross McEwen
Q6) Share and Share Alike: Which manufacturer supplies the 4.0 V8 engine to Aston Martin which powers the V8 Vantage AMR GT4?
- Ford Motor Company
Q7) Share and Share Alike: Which other Volkswagen A.G. motorsport product uses the same underpinnings and powertrain as the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO?
- Bentley Continental GT3
- Volkswagen ID.R
- Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO
Q8) Share and Share Alike: Which non-GT4 road car shares its platform with both the GT4 and road going Toyota GR Supras?
- Mazda MX-5
- BMW Z4
- Mercedes-Benz SLA
Q9) Share and Share Alike: The Ferrari 488 GT3 (and EVO) is almost unique in GT3 in that it can be reconfigured to race in the GTE class at Le Mans. What is the only other British GT model which can pull off the same party piece?
- Porsche 911 (991.2 GT3 RS)
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage AMR GT3
- BMW M6 GT3
Q10) Share and Share Alike: Behold the Generation AMR Aston Martin V8 Vantage AMR GT4, driven by SuperDry boss James Holder and Matthew George. For this question, tell us which car shared George as the pro driver for the 2019 Silverstone 500?
- #66 Team Parker Racing Mercedes-AMG GT4 Nick Jones/Scott Malvern
- #55 JMH Auto Lamborghini Huracan GT3 – John Searle/Jamie Stanley
- #44 Invictus Games Racing Jaguar F-Type SVR GT4 – Steve McCully/Paul Vice
- #33 G-Cat Racing Porsche 991 GT3 RS – Greg Caton/Shamus Jennings
Q11) How long is the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit?
- 2.433 Miles
- 3.121 Miles
- 2.198 Miles
Q12) How long is the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps?
- 4.108 Miles
- 4.598 Miles
- 4.352 Miles
Q13) How long is the current Silverstone Grand Prix circuit?
- 3.194 Miles
- 3.661 Miles
- 3.667 Miles
Q14) How long is the Oulton Park International circuit?
- 2.784 Miles
- 2.692 Miles
- 2.452 Miles
Q15) How long is the Donington Park Grand Prix circuit?
- 2.498 Miles
- 2.289 Miles
- 2.778 Miles
Q16) British GT drivers are graded by the FIA – but what does FIA stand for and when was this organisation founded??
- Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile – 20/06/1904
- Fédération Ideé de l’Automobile – 10/07/1924
- Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile – 06/08/1944
Q17) Which British GT circuit’s ‘inaugural’ race was known as the Mutton Grand Prix?
- Donington Park
Q18) How did Oulton Park’s Knickerbrook corner get its name?
- The name derives from the knicken-brook – knicken being a middle Germanic word describing a fold or bend
- An unfortunate incident involving dynamite and some outdoors shenanigans left ladies underwear to be discovered at the site
- It was the historical site of a knick (n) – a wall of shrubberies used to mark out a land division in a rural area.
Q19) The first ever British GT race (then called the BRDC National Sports GT Challenge) took place in 1993 but which circuit did it take place at?
- Donington Park
- Brands Hatch
Q20) The 300th British GT race took place at Donington Park in 2019; how many racing laps had been completed prior to that point?
Q21-25) – Solve the following Anagrams!
Submit your multiple question and Anagram answers via our social media feed (DM) or by email to BGTFshow@racingphotographic.co.uk – we’ll give you the answers and winners in our next episode!!